Re: config.status[12]: export: SHELL##: is not an identifier

On Wed, 14 Aug 2024, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2024, at 11:45 AM, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> > On Tue, 6 Aug 2024, Paul Eggert wrote:
> >
> >> Quite true. Even for OmniOS, we don't know whether the bug is in the
> >> currently supported releases. If it is present, then it's valid to
> >> worry about the bug, perhaps by more strongly preferring bash to ksh
> >> (since there seems to be no practical way to detect the ksh bug).
> >
> > I suspect the bug is not present in any of the supported OmniOS
> > releases which have the newer ksh 93u.
> >
> >     $ printf "${.sh.version}\n"
> >     Version jM 93u+ 2012-08-01
> >
> > However, I am happy to test on a range of OmniOS versions and report
> > back if somebody can please point me at the exact archive/commit that
> > showed up the error on OmniOS r151030.
>
> Probably the easiest way to test is with the self-contained test case
> attached to the Savannah bug report:
> <https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/t-001fa2.sh.gz?file_id=50563>.
> See <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110403#comment7> for usage
> instructions.

Thanks, I ran this on OmniOS r151038, r151042, r151046, r151048 and r151050
(the last three are the currently supported versions).

All of these are running "ksh93 Version jM 93u+ 2012-08-01" and the test
appeared to pass on all of them (it produced no output).

Since illumos gained this version of ksh at the start of February 2021, I'd
expect even the very old OmniOS r151036 (support ended November 2021) would be
fine, I just don't have a test machine around for that.

Regards,

Andy