Re: config.status[12]: export: SHELL##: is not an identifier

On Mon, Aug 5, 2024, at 10:32 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 2024-08-05 15:24, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
>> This one is old and not a "supported" release. It is "omnios-
>> r151030-6484b6d7b5".
>
> If the bug is limited to unsupported releases let's not worry about it.

This bug was in Illumos core for many years so I don't think we can safely
assume it isn't in any currently supported OS just because the one person
who's taken the trouble to tell us about it is on an old machine.

That said, Bob, I'm not in a position to start tinkering with Illumos
derivatives to try to find the current scope of the bug.  It would really
help if you could test at least one such derivative's current version
and report whether the bug is present and the value of ${.sh.version}.

zw