Re: config.status[12]: export: SHELL##: is not an identifier

On 2024-08-06 06:07, Zack Weinberg wrote:
On 2024-08-05 15:24, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
This one is old and not a "supported" release. It is "omnios-
r151030-6484b6d7b5".

If the bug is limited to unsupported releases let's not worry about it.

This bug was in Illumos core for many years so I don't think we can safely
assume it isn't in any currently supported OS just because the one person
who's taken the trouble to tell us about it is on an old machine.

Quite true. Even for OmniOS, we don't know whether the bug is in the currently supported releases. If it is present, then it's valid to worry about the bug, perhaps by more strongly preferring bash to ksh (since there seems to be no practical way to detect the ksh bug).

It would really
help if you could test at least one such derivative's current version
and report whether the bug is present and the value of ${.sh.version}.

+1. When doing so, please use the exact same code you used originally, since the bug likely depends on the exact offset of the "ACEOF" string from the start of the shell script.