How does yum decide rpm A to depnd on B?

Title: How does yum decide rpm A to depnd on B?

Hi,

I notcied yum repo has a xml file primary.xml, that provides what a rpm requires and what a rpm provides, optionally, yum repo can also have a sqlite database primary.sqlite which has similar info to primary.xml, I want to decide dependency according to xml file or sqlite database, my decision logic is A requires B and C provides C, then A depends on C, I don't know if this logic is correct, I don't know how to decide the real dependency logic, anybody know it?