check-update question

Hi,

We've got a custom repository that hosts all of our self packaged RPM's and have grouped all of the RPM's together in a group called ifp-base. We run a daily script that uses "yum check-update" to verify whether we need to run a full update.

check-update behaves as expected if we add an updated version of an existing RPM, the problem is that it doesn't seem to know that we've added a *new* package to the group, so as far as our script is concerned there is no updates to be run even though there is a new package in the repo.

We're running Scientific Linux 5, which includes yum 3.2.8.

Thanks,

Barry

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.