Re: yum -C ???

Seth Vidal wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Morgan Read wrote:

Hello folks

I've been doing my best to minimalise my iNet usage and have tired both running a networked yum cache over nfs and also mirroring my yum cache via rsync between machines - all with keepcache=1 in /etc/yum.conf on the "master" machine.

Either way I'm getting "Caching enabled but no local cache of..." errors.

and you're positive those files exist in the cache dir. In the sample below you show some of the files but not the specific ones that it says are missing from the cache - can you list out the specific ones, too?

-sv
Hmm, good point. I assumed that as I was using keepcache=1 in /etc/yum.conf, the cache would be complete, or at least internally consistant?

I'll check and post what I find in 24 hrs or so.

Thanks,
M.

--
Getting errors: "There are problems with the signature" (or similar)?
Update your system by installing certificates from CAcert Inc, see here:

Morgan Read
NEW ZEALAND
<mailto:mstuffATreadDOTorgDOTnz>

fedora: Freedom Forever!
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview

"By choosing not to ship any proprietary or binary drivers, Fedora does
differ from other distributions. ..."
Quote: Max Spevik
       http://interviews.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/17/177220

RMS on fedora: