Re: Re: yum -C ???

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:55:50 +1200
Morgan Read <mstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Either way I'm getting "Caching enabled but no local cache of..." errors.
> >
> > and you're positive those files exist in the cache dir. In the sample
> > below you show some of the files but not the specific ones that it says
> > are missing from the cache - can you list out the specific ones, too?
> >
> > -sv
> Hmm, good point.  I assumed that as I was using keepcache=1 in
> /etc/yum.conf, the cache would be complete, or at least internally
> consistant?
>
> I'll check and post what I find in 24 hrs or so.
>
> Thanks,
> M.

Hello,
AFAICT cache contains only packages which was downloaded on your
"master" system (e.g. it updated them) - so reading the output you have
posted before:

> [root@morgansoldmachine ~]# cd /var/cache/yum/updates/packages
> [root@morgansoldmachine packages]# ls -s
> total 376664
>     76 adminutil-1.1.6-1.fc8.i386.rpm
>    296 audit-1.6.8-4.fc8.i386.rpm

>    720 yelp-2.20.0-9.fc8.i386.rpm
>     32 yum-presto-0.4.5-1.fc8.noarch.rpm

This should work:

# rpm -e yum-presto
# yum -C install yum-presto

(because this package is really in the cache)

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Hutar   Quality Assurance Engineer