[Yum] download specific version

I just recently migrated to Linux and I'm still figuring out some of the
basics. Please go easy on me.
I'm running yum 2.6.1 on  Fedora Core 5
I have gcc 4.1 installed on my machine and one of my software packages
requires gcc 3.5. How do I get yum to download that specific version?
Then how do I get that particular software to use that particular
version of gcc?

I read through the faq   http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/Yum and the man page
and I see a command for getting the version of yum but not one for
getting a version of a certain program.

Thanks for any and all help.

Joelle