[Yum] Scripting Yum

> So stop assuming everyone is exactly like you with the same skills,
> wants, and needs.

I didn't assume that. I assumed I have a target audience and target use
case and I don't like feature creep.

> > I'm not concerned with bigotry - I'm concerned with having to
> > maintain the code in the project I run.
>
> What if the contributor is willing to maintain it?

I still have to make space in the code and be willing to maintain it.
I'm not.

> The antagonistic tone started with you and your refusal to even
> consider what was being proposed.  Perhaps if you approached the
> situation with a more open mind, there wouldn't be so much antagonism.

I refused b/c I didn't want him wasting his time on something I wasn't
going to include. I was being nice rather than have him work on
something to no end.

yum won't get a --scriptable flag. It just won't. If he wants to work on
a yum-util to produce output like that, fine. But it's up to him to
maintain it, of course. I'd rather see more work go to making the module
api easier to use.

> I've already been offered that job.  There is definitely a need in the
> community for good, solid, reliable perl bindings for RPM.  But for
> now, the wicked, bad, naughty, evil, horrific, vile, anathematic
> "screen grabbers" I wrote are doing the job just fine and have been
> for 5+ years now.

I'm glad to hear it. But that's not what yum is about.

Sorry.

-sv