[Yum] Scripting Yum

On Thursday, 04 August 2005, at 16:24:51 (-0400),
seth vidal wrote:

> rpm -qa is prone to breaking if only b/c of the multiarch packages.
>
> can you tell the difference b/t the kernels that way?

You apparently missed the "grep ^perl-" part.  We're not dealing with
kernels here.  If we were, additional measures would be taken, such as
a --qf option.  Problem solved.

> > Your bigotry is showing here, Seth.  C is anything but unfun.  (You
> > see, some people actually like a challenge.)  And Python is not easy
> > for everyone to write in.
>
> okay... and?

So stop assuming everyone is exactly like you with the same skills,
wants, and needs.

> I'm not concerned with bigotry - I'm concerned with having to
> maintain the code in the project I run.

What if the contributor is willing to maintain it?

> your antagonistic tone in this email is not appreciated. Please try
> to relax.

The antagonistic tone started with you and your refusal to even
consider what was being proposed.  Perhaps if you approached the
situation with a more open mind, there wouldn't be so much antagonism.

On Thursday, 04 August 2005, at 16:28:20 (-0400),
seth vidal wrote:

> by all means, enjoy yourself. But good luck with maintaining the
> rpm-perl bindings.

I've already been offered that job.  There is definitely a need in the
community for good, solid, reliable perl bindings for RPM.  But for
now, the wicked, bad, naughty, evil, horrific, vile, anathematic
"screen grabbers" I wrote are doing the job just fine and have been
for 5+ years now.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>
 "Without the hope that things will get better, that our inheritors