[Yum] repository wildcards

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:45:32 -0700, Terrel Shumway <terrel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The attached patch (against the 2.1.13 tarball) allows you to use
> wildcards for --enablerepo and --disablerepo
> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2005-February/005985.html
>
> I have all of my fedora core repos named starting with "FC-" so I can
> say --enablerepo=FC-*
Hi Terrel,

Thanks for your patch, I've had a look at it and it looks good, but I
think you might have overdone it a little bit (IMO) what about just
using fnmatch wildcards for now and adding the other types of matches
when they are needed? I also noticed the comment for enableRepo says
'disable a repository from use' instead of enable, but that seems to
be a bug in the original yum source code.

Two general questions/considerations:
1) Is there a reason for letting findRepos return a generator instead
of a tuple or list?
2) Should there be a warning or error when someone specifies a
wildcard that matches nothing (for example --disablerepo=mispelled-*)?

Note that all of the above is just my opinion.

> P.S. Is this the right way to submit patches?
There is also a yum-devel list that might be more appropriate.

Kind regards,
  Gijs