[Yum] hmmm my yum ate my computer.

"A list for the discussion of the Yum rpm updater."

Thus I am on topic.

I also posted the entire list of the output of yum, let me do so again:
Server: atrpms Redhat Packages (stable)
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - Base
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 base
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - i386 - freshrpms
Server: Legacy utilities for Red Hat Linux 9
Server: Livna.org Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: My Local Yum Repository
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 - Updates
Server: Red Hat Linux 9 updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
.......Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package gstreamer-plugins needs libfame-0.9.so.0, this is not available.

So, as I understand it, libfame-0.9.so.0 isn't on my linux server. And as
the dependency resolution part of yum didn't work I would have to suggest
that it's not on the repository - or indeed any of the repositories listed.

Wait, is that a complete list of all the repositories I have listed?
Oh my. It is.

Wait, that's probably not enough. Here I'll list the config file at the end
as well, as anyone who wasn't too sure and REALLY wished to be constructive
would've asked for.

Please, unless someone has something constructive to say. Kindly SHUT THE
FUCK UP - you have nothing to offer.

Thanks
TheFinn.

[main]
cachedir=/var/spool/rpms
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$
basearch/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$rele
asever/

[base2]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever base
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/os/$basearch

[updates2]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever updates
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/updates/$basearc

[legacy-utils]
name=Legacy utilities for Red Hat Linux $releasever
baseurl=http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/$releasever/legacy-utils/$ba
search

[local files]
name=My Local Yum Repository
baseurl=file:/var/spool/rpms

[livna-stable]
name=Livna.org Compatible Packages (stable)
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/yum/stable

[atrpms]
name=atrpms Redhat Packages (stable)
baseurl=http://apt.physik.fu-berlin.de/redhat/9/en/i386/at-stable/

[freshrpms]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms

Ever been shoved in the schoolyard michael ? Was there any doubt you'd been
shoved ?