[Yum] hmmm my yum ate my computer.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:03:57AM +1000, TheFinn wrote:

> So, as I understand it, libfame-0.9.so.0 isn't on my linux server. And as
> the dependency resolution part of yum didn't work I would have to suggest
> that it's not on the repository - or indeed any of the repositories listed.

The dependency resolution part of yum is working perfetly.  It is
telling you that it can't find any package in the repositories listed
that provide 'libfame-0.9.so.0'.

This could mean the repositories aren't compatible.  For example,
having a mix of FC1 and RH9 repos, so libfame is available but is the
wrong version.  Or a repo could be busted.  Or you could be missing a
repo that has the needed package.  Some repos depend on more than the
base OS.

> Wait, is that a complete list of all the repositories I have listed?
> Oh my. It is.

As many people have pointed out, Livna repo depends on packages in the
Fedora.us packages.  If you add that repo to your config, I bet it
will work.  Yum is not sentient; it can't figure out you have a broken
config.

  - Ian

--
ian@xxxxxxxxx