[Yum] Re: conflict with file

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 07:27:30PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 19:10, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > So,
> >
> > Subjective adjectives aside...
> >
> > The user has an objective problem.  How should he fix it?
> > Constructive suggestions, please!

> imo? if he's using atrpms he must continue using those rpms or rebuild
> packages from there. The other option is to discontinue using atrpms.

... or discontinue using yum? ;)

I am too old for flaming, and Seth is also allowed to have a bad day,
so let me be "icky" and get that over with. :(

Anyway the changes _are_ trivial, and while I generally avoid
packaging non-released software when there is a working released piece
(or to better place it, I avoid publishing such packages), the
20030927 daily behaved very nice for me in the last couple of days
(only tested RH9), so go grab it from here

http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/yum-daily/

I still think it would be nice to see yum split into a yum and
a yum-conf package, so that the configless yum rpm could be used
verbatim in any repo. But that's really a packaging style question and
nothing to get excited about.

BTW I wouldn't mind RH7.3 and RH8.0 users testing it, and reporting
back. I have patched yum/rpm to build the 2.x series on any RedHat
release >= 7.3, but I haven't had the time yet to test on the older
RHs.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 11:35:34PM -0400, Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> Yep, you're right. I can't see any yum dependencies in any of the spec files
> on your site. I have to apologize for my post in general. I can't
> seem to find the repository I was having these problems with now. Maybe
> newrpms? Oh well, sorry about the bad info.

No problem. rpm dependency problems can be very complex and the
surfacing errors/warnings are not always helpful.
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx