[Yum] Questions about headers ...

> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:51:19 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Robert G. Brown" <rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [Yum] Questions about headers ...
> To: "Yellowdog Updater, Modified" <yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

> The best way is to create a local repository (usually by mirroring an
> existing repository).  This costs you a whole lot of bandwidth -- once
> -- to set up the repository, and then you use LOCAL bandwidth in your
> LAN to do all the updates and whatever.

Lee, there is a new HOWTO that covers the setup of an ftp server for yum
and i have almost finished the step by step set up of an ftp server and
yum repository. I need someone to run through the HOWTO and see if we have
missed out any vital steps.

The HOWTO details what you need to do to get up and running, hopefully it
covers what _you_ are trying to do.

It would also help us out by "testing" the HOWTO. I can send you the HOWTO
to use and if you could give us some feedback that would be great.

[snip]