[Yum] Questions about headers ...

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:27:29 +0200
> From: "C.Lee Taylor" <leet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Yum] Questions about headers ...
> To: yum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Greetings ...
>
>     Got a few questions, hope that they make sense ...
>
>     First, is there a way to "package" the headers, so that I don't have
> to wait almost an hour to do my first "yum check-update"? I could also
> save a little bandwidth if I could put the basic headers in place before
> an update ...
>
>     Another question, would it not be better to just download the
> headers for the packages install on a PC that one would be doing an
> update on?
>
>     I ask these question, because bandwidth in South Africa is like
> water in Mexico ( please don't flame me, it just sound poetic ),

 or like water in the karoo?

> expensive and hard to find quality ... if there are anyways to reduce
> bandwidth requirments I am all ears ... and I am sure that the mirrors
> and hosts for yum repo's would welcome any help as well ...

run a local ftp server, you need about 6gb of drive space to hold all the
rpms for one distro eg rh9, that includes freshrpms, fedora, rh and
rawhide.

Intekom(telkom) run a local mirror of the redhat site and I think they
also do freshrpms. try them first or you will waste all your bandwidth.