[Yum] Apache2 updates via yum?

Not strictly yum-related, just tangentially so. Mainly to make you
aware of a big problem yum repositories haven't addressed in the hope
that some kind yum repository maintainer on this list will take
notice.

Apache2 uses sendfile (kernel feature) unless SendFileEnabled is
turned off in httpd.conf. Works fine on Linux 8.0 (my dev box), but
not on the NVFS (sp?) filesystem of by my 8.0 deployment box. The
catch22 starts there.

The httpd that was installed by default doesn't run because sendfile
support was compiled in, but doesn't support the SendFileEnabled
option in httpd.conf to turn it off. Yum can't help because later
versions aren't in the repositories, just the version mentioned
above. And the version that is available has security notices posted
against it; haven't investigated that further.

I found a later httpd2 rpm (by Henry Gomez) and installed that, and
am proceeding from there (unsuccessfully so far: weird connection
refused failures even from telnet localhost 80; any ideas??).

Bottom line: could some yum maintainer please install a recent httpd2? Thanks!

If there's a better list for this, pls advise!
--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu