[Yum] Survey of Use

(getting ready to take cover)
I've been a hardcore Gentoo user for the last few months.  A number of my
friends run Debian.  So I am essentially spoiled by the apt and emerge
installs that does everything for you.  However, I work in Systems for the
CS dept and we've used Redhat for a long time.  I just got fed up with the
package installs and the stupid RHN surveys and the updating of 300
some linux machines individually that eventually embarked on an online
search for the golden "rpm emerge". :)  As a user?  I'm just a regular
student lucky enough to have found this relic for an otherwise difficult
distro...

(runs away from angry Redhat fans)

Cheers, Theresa

P.S. You should've seen the face of my coworkers when they updated their
Redhat machines with yum for the first time...

**********************
Theresa Chen
Research Assistant
Systems Group,