[Yum] Yum repo: Apache or VSFTP???

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 09:52, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:
> Seth said:
>
> > You might want to look at a lighter-weight httpd server than apache
> > though. Maybe something like thttpd. If you're just serving static
> > content you don't need all the dynamic stuff that apache offers to
> > really make it run.
>
> That said, I'd be interested to hear more about the yum repo at Duke since
> it is the default that most yum users end up hitting, both in and outside of
> Duke.  What sort of box is it?  How is it configured?  What kind of load is
> it seeing?

it's using tux. you don't want to know how weak of a box it is. It is
routinely under crushing loads. I've put on bandwidth throttles which
significantly help performance on the box itself.

I'm working on a new machine to do some of this stuff but it won't solve
the load problem. That's what more baseurls per repo will do.

-sv