[Yum] Re: Survey of Use

<snip>

> Send messages regarding how you use yum. I did this a few months ago but
> that was before the 'fedora uses yum' stuff and all the fun that comes
> with that. :)

<snip>

I use yum on my lan at home. I rsync some local mirrors on my server and
run yum in a cron keeping my 6 machine uptodate 'automagically'.

WRTT HOWTO I believe that the TOC is in the right order as you need to
set-up the server (ftp in my case) before you can run YUM.

(OT - and highjack of thread) Reasons to use YUM.
 - no need to register, I do not need 'the man' knowing who I am ala up2date.
 - I never have to worry about dependancies ala rpm
 - I can use my slack bandwidth late at night to download the updates I
need and use my bandwidth during the day for 'entertainment'.

- jonathan