[Yum] graphical yum

--=-yvz3pXnBLLVEcqjZZjzo

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 11:18, Erik Williamson wrote:
> Funny You should ask!  I've just been given that project here at my
> university, and will be getting on it ASAP.  My problem is that they
> want RFN, and really only want a simple interface that says 'these are
> the updates available, click ok to do it, or cancel to bugger off'.
>=20
> Ideally, I'd really like to make this usable for everyone though, and if
> there are any specific things that should be implemented, I'll tender
> requests.
>=20
> After perusing the Source, it looks like it wouldn't bee too hard.
>=20
> I'm thinking of using pyGtk - I've only done trivial work with it
> before, but quite like it.  If there are any objections...
>=20

Hi, pyGtk2 would be my suggestion - gtk1 is a deadend

Also - if you have the time to look at it - consider glade+Gtk.

it buys you the benefit of redesigning the interface w/o doing all the
widget packing nightmares.

I've been told that looking at redhat-config-services is the easiest
python+glade+gtk2 app to look at for sample code.

the gtk2 and glade stuff is painfully underdocumented.

-sv

--=-yvz3pXnBLLVEcqjZZjzo

--=-yvz3pXnBLLVEcqjZZjzo--