[Yum] complete install of system using yum?

Eric V. Smith wrote:

>Okay, at your suggestion I've been looking at lcfg.  I haven't downloaded
>the software yet, as there doesn't appear to be a convenient way to grab
>it.

A RedHat9 based vesion will be up in the next two months or so - we have
it running on RH9 now and are deploying it in our teaching and research
labs, packaging it for export will happen once things settle down after
teaching starts for this session.

>That aside, how does lcfg play with yum?  It looks all updates are handled
>by lcfg's updaterpms.  Reading the docs, it suggests it's possible to
>replace updaterpms, so I guess I could use yum instead of straight rpm.
>
>Do you use yum with lcfg?

It's quite simple to set up a component to use yum or apt, but no one
that's been using lcfg has, because the nature of lcfg - describe what
you want a machine to look like and it will happen - fits in better with
updaterpms. Nothing to stop you trying yum though, I'll be looking at
all of this soon.

Carwyn