Re: assigning VM to a VLAN on a trunk bridge that exists on LACP bond - how to

Dear list admin:

I am sorry for inadvertently creating a new thread. Please feel free to delete that one. I pasted its content to this thread, but couldn't delete that myself.

Thanks!

I was able to achieve what I wanted to do by the /etc/network/interfaces file posted below on the host. KVM/QEMU does not accept the bridge notation with dots in it, such as bridge0.20. Instead, one needs to create a separate vlan definition and a bridge on top of that vlan. This would create an access port for the VMs that use that bridge. What I was trying to do was to create a trunk port on a bridge, and by the static IP chosen for VMs, let each VM claim their VLANs. In this working
version, the access ports claim the VLAN that the VM would belong to instead. I hope that this would help people avoid the suffering Iendured during the last week to achieve this, lol!

[code]
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# bond interface