network-performance

I'm just starting to take a look at guest networking performance and am a little disappointed. I'm comparing two setups:

Host: Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V
Guest: CentOS 5.5 x86_64

Host: CentOS 5.5 x86_64 kvm running libvirt
Guest: CentOS 5.5 x86_64

The guests are essentially identical except that I'm running the Microsoft Linux Integration Components synthetic drivers on the windows hosted VM. The libvirt setup uses bridged networking. Running bonnie++ on a nfs mounted filesystem on each guest I'm seeing the libvirt hosted guest get between 16%-35% of the performance of the Hyper-V guest. Is this expected? Is there anything I can do to increase network performance of the kvm guest?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx