Re: kickstart vs. /etc/login.defs

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Aaron Morrison wrote:

Are you limited to using CD/DVDs?
You can put a custom ks file on other media types or make it available
via the network(via ftp, nfs, http, etc)

The plan is to use a minimal CD boot disk and a DVD image on hard disk.
I've tried to use just a DVD image,
but could never get it to work.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html
seems to suggest that I don't need to edit the
boot disk to use a kickstart file on hard disk,
but I would need to know how to refer to a partition.
It's my understanding that since F15 or F16,
names like sdb2 are no longer reliable.

Also, changing /etc/login.defs would seem to be a lot harder
than just figuring out where to put the kickstart file.