Re: RedHat 9 on a CF Disk

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Ronald Reed wrote:

<snip>
> Now, how do I find out the order to install them in?

Let rpm do that.  If you are not going to use anaconda you can:

	- stack them all up on the command line (one rpm command
	  for all packages.
	- Use a manifest file (just your list of rpms [full path] in
	  a text file, one rpm per line).  See the rpm man page.
	- Use the python bindings.
	- Use RPM2, a set of perl bindings.  If you have any problems
	  email me on or off list and I will help.

The bottom line is the rpms themselves describe their dependencies, and
rpm itself knows how to sort them, so don't bother coding the sort
yourself, but instead let rpm do what it does best.

Hope this helps...james