Re: Kickstarting Windows

Yup, good point. I used kickstart to install Windows images for the driver support and to avoid RIS.

Since we already had PowerQuest's DriveImage software in house, I created a RH9 bootimage with the necessary drivers the size of a large floppy, 2880K, and put that on the Windows PXE server running DriveImage. After PXE booting, the client calls an NFS mounted a kickstart script which installs the Windows image (also stored in NFS) using pqideploy. pqideploy is a DriveImage linux binary for installing Windows.

--patty