Re: skipx issues

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 07:40, george_king wrote:
> I am preparing a ks cfg to automatic install a
> group of machines. Some of machines have video
> cards, the other have not. When I test the ks
> config, the installation on nodes with video cards
> pop up a window to ask me to config xwindow. I
> don't want xwindow, so I use "skipx" to disable
> xconfig. But this time, installation on machines
> without video cards hang up. It said that skipx is
> not valid because the machines have no video
> cards. To some reason, I can not use two ks cfg
> for these two types of machine. How can I use a
> same ks cfg file to install the two types machine
> without any manual intervention?

Unfortunately I can not answer your question but only nudge you in the
right direction:

The November kickstart-list is full of useful things to do in the %pre
section, with some very wicked code examples e.g. for determining memory
of the target system. Something similar must be possible for video card
detection/determination.

In principal, in the %pre section you will have to find out whether or
not the target system has a memory card and, depending on the result,
generate a text file which does or does not have the 'skipx' entry.
That text file must then simply be included by the commands section.

--
Stefan Christians