RE: skipx issues

If you are using PXE: you can assign IP addresses by MAC address and use a different PXE file based on the ip address scheme you use.  This would allow you to choose the machines that get X and those that do not.

-----Original Message-----
From: george_king [mailto:george_king@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:41 PM
To: kickstart-list
Subject: skipx issues

I am preparing a ks cfg to automatic install a
group of machines. Some of machines have video
cards, the other have not. When I test the ks
config, the installation on nodes with video cards
pop up a window to ask me to config xwindow. I
don't want xwindow, so I use "skipx" to disable
xconfig. But this time, installation on machines
without video cards hang up. It said that skipx is
not valid because the machines have no video
cards. To some reason, I can not use two ks cfg
for these two types of machine. How can I use a
same ks cfg file to install the two types machine
without any manual intervention?

Thanks.
--
USTC Alumni Email System