Re: Using Kickstart to configure NICs (2)

I use my postinstall script to do this:

cat > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 <<EOF
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
IPADDR=192.168.1.178
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.1.0
ONBOOT=yes
EOF

Comes up fine on the reboot.

hanksdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't think you can configure two nics in the fashion you indicated. If you can, I would be very eager to use it. Our solution has been just to replace the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX files in the %post section, and make sure you end up with the right stuff in /etc/modules.conf. It's really that easy. No fiddling with kudzu or anything.

-- Dan Hanks