RE: fdisk: can't find /dev/hda more information

New to Red Hat 7.2 is the --badblocks option, but that is done during
formatting.  zerombr and clearpart don't really do anything, especially if
your disk is bad or has bad sectors.  That way you can reboot any time
before the format, and the partition will be left intact.

Forrest

I got it to work!!

My entire kickstart setup was just fine, but something strange has happened
with my hard drive.

I use a utility called "badblocks", that can write a stream of zeros and
ones to the hard drive, bit by bit, overwriting any MBR, partitions and
filesystems, at a very low level.  After doing this, Kickstart can partition
and do everything as it's supposed to.  Could my HD be going bad?  Could
ks have a bug that ignores:

zerombr yes
clearpart all
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 30
part / --fstype ext3 --size 3256
part  swap --size 512

Perhaps there is another command I can give kickstart that will emulate
badblocks??  (wishful thinking I suppose)