Re: New features to kickstart

On Thursday, September 20 2001, Daniel Shane said:
> I am adding some new features to the kickstart mecanism and wanted to know
> if these changes could be added to the main anaconda branch. Therefore, I am
> describing the changes to see if they will be accepted/useful to the
> community and RedHat:
>
> * new options --nobase to %packages
>     This will prevent Base from beeing automaticaly installed.
>     Useful if you are building very small linux systems.

This is kind of touchy as you're extremely likely to hit dependency
problems if you don't install all of Base due to the extreme
interdependence of that package group.

> * new options --text to install
>     Usefull because by default the install trys to go in graphic mode
>     and you may not want to always have to type text ks=...

Already able to be done by specifying "text" as a directive in your
kickstart config.

> * changed mouse none
>     When no mouse is selected, the install should not try to start X
>     and go directly in text mode.
>
> * Ram warning
>   Remove the warning about low ram and that the swap should
>   be enabled right now. This is not configurable with kickstart.

If you could file these two as RFEs in bugzilla at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ it would make them much easier to
track

Cheers,

Jeremy