Re: script for setting printer on %post section

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Will Francis wrote:

Hi

> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying to put all the configuration of my RH7.1 box in a kickstart
> > file
> > and i m wondering if someone has a script to launch on %post section
> > to setup remote printer.
>

> I would just have the %post section create all the files and directories
> that. something like
>
> %post
> mkdir /var/spool/lpd/lp
>
> cat <<EOF >>/etc/printcap
>
> hp:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
>         :mx#0:\
>         :sh:\
>         :rm=10.99.1.19:\
>         :rp=:\
>         :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:
> EOF
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/master-filter /var/spool/lpd/filter

Well what is the master-filter?
On my machine the directory /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/ is empty.

> ... and whatever else you need to do to get the lpd directory setup.
>

> personally, I just have a master machine and rsync out all the printcap
> and /var/spool directories to all the desktop machines after the fact.

I can t use that trick

-The client are double boot Linux/windows then rsync can 't be used
The client have different configuration and should not be able to print to
all printers