Re: script for setting printer on %post section

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to put all the configuration of my RH7.1 box in a kickstart
> file
> and i m wondering if someone has a script to launch on %post section
> to setup remote printer.

I would just have the %post section create all the files and directories
that. something like

%post
mkdir /var/spool/lpd/lp

cat <<EOF >>/etc/printcap

hp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=10.99.1.19:\
        :rp=:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:
EOF

ln -s /usr/lib/rhs/rhs-printfilters/master-filter /var/spool/lpd/filter

... and whatever else you need to do to get the lpd directory setup.

personally, I just have a master machine and rsync out all the printcap
and /var/spool directories to all the desktop machines after the fact.

Will