Re: script for setting printer on %post section

hi,

  I also have most of the clients set themselves up after the install. I
do this via a client pull method. all of my machines run one script in a
shared network filespace (in my case, it's AFS, but it could easily be
NFS. I have a custom RPM that sets up AFS during the install). This one
script does different things depending on which machine calls it. In
addition the machines call the same script once per hour. It fairly easy
for me to fix things on a global basis that way. A couple of my machines
are dual-boot win2k/linux and this works fine.

Sincerely,
Jason Edgecombe

FYI. In addition to the custom RPMs for AFS, in my %post section i have
echo /the/config/script >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
Whenever the machine starts up it runs everything. The first time that I
starts, a line is added to cron to run the script every hour.