Re: Tell us the neat things you are doing with Func

Michael DeHaan wrote:

> Share your stories and hopefully others can gain ideas from them too.

We're building a virtualization platform for managed hosting services, and we're building a central management application which heavily relies on func to do (for now):
- Dynamic provisioning of new VLANs (+ bridges) for customers
- Triggering deployment of virtual machines to those VLANs (installation s are of course handled by cobbler)
- Adding those VLANs to firewalls and creating zones for them

I'll probably be exploring the job functionality in the near future, so administrators can schedule / queue tasks.

The integration-with-cobbler ideas are interesting as well. Right now it's only one-way: include func deployment in cobbler. I don't know if it would be useful/doable at all, but wouldn't it be interesting to have a cobbler module on a func minion which would effectively export the cobbler api with func? Would this be as simple as importing cobbler in the minion module and just passing arguments / returns around, or am I underestimating this? :)

Kind regards,

Jasper Capel
Stone-IT