Re: next steps...

seth vidal (skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:37:46 -0400 (EDT)
> Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That doesn't quite jive with the way spot presented formulas and
> > ansible as the new black in his recent presentations, including
> > nice-looking mockups of desktop apps, and whatnot.
>
> I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Spot's discussion (at DevConf) of an improved software selection screen
suggested formulas as a potential backend of that aside from just raw
packages.

Now, in some respects it might be better off to have one interface for
adding end-user applications to the system (such as that tool) and another
for adding services that are exposed to other systems (such as... a wrapper
around formulas?)  But then you're designing two separate use cases.

(For a server-oriented GUI around this, you could consider something like
http://bitnami.org/stacks).

Bill