Re: Getting grub working on a LiveUSB

I have downloaded the F35 .iso, verified it and used dd to put it on a flash drive. If I insert it into one of the laptop's two USB ports and turn it on, it goes directly into the BIOS, and if I exit that, it goes right back in until I pull the drive. If I use the other port, it appears to work correctly, at first. I let it verify itself and that passed. When I let it boot, it looked like it was working normally, but hung. I tried again, removing the rhgb quiet from the command line. It looked like it was working, but when it started checking the USB ports, it couldn't make them respond, and attempts by it to reboot failed as it kept looping through that section of boot until I held down the power key for several seconds.

Now, remember that when I picked it up, it had booted off of a flash drive and was running just fine. (No, I don't know what distro, probably Xubuntu.) I've tested the drive on my desktop and it boots with no problems and multiple attempts to download an Ubuntu .iso have failed. I can't talk to the techs right now because they're only open a few nights a week. I'm going to try using a netinstall, but I've never done that before, so I'd appreciate a little guidance or a pointer to directions, both of what to do to get installed, and what I'll need to do when that's finished.

I'd also like to thank everybody who's tried to help me with this both for what you've done and what you will do in the future, as most of this has been terra incognito for me.