Re: wordpress problem

On 7/21/2023 1:47 AM, Peter Boy wrote:

Am 20.07.2023 um 01:57 schrieb Bill Cunningham <bill.cu1234@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 7/18/2023 7:16 PM, Peter Boy wrote:
Am 16.07.2023 um 20:23 schrieb Bill Cunningham <bill.cu1234@xxxxxxxxx>:

I definitely want to see your doc article.

I first version is now available:

Installing Wordpress (on Fedora Server Edition)
https://docs.stg.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-server/tutorials/wordpress-installation/

It would be really helpful to get comments, amendments, feedback, corrections!

Please use the issue button using the bug symbol on the right side beyond the blue header bar or the edit button next to it. Or write your comments here on the mailing list.

Well there are some typos but that's to be expected. I am not complaining.
They are expected, indeed. It is incredible hard to proofread a text you have written yourself. So, some hints would be helpful. And also maybe some improvement of the wording, if my German mother tongue comes to the surface too much.

What you have written concerning virtualization too is intriguing. I will look into that but one of the first things I do after install is install Xfce4 and firefox. And then httpd. I would like to get the server just as I want it
Yeah, it's a kind of „off label“ use. I wrote a short text about it: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/fedora-server/usecase-gui-addon/ But to get the „real feeling“ you should use the virtualization option I described briefly.

and create an image to upload to GCP, that's my ultimate goal. I will continue to study this though.
The installation of the Server Edition is one of our focal points for the next months (see https://pagure.io/fedora-server/issue/110). So I would be happy if we could communicate on that.

And I'm skeptical about how happy you'll be with operating a graphical interface over a network connection.

Best
Peter

Would it be better in the future to use threads on the server list? This thread is beginning to get a bit old. I would think server experimentation would be better at the server list.