Re: huge pile of KDE "security" announcements

On 06/17/2013 09:12 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:39:34 -0600
Jake Edge <jake@xxxxxxx> wrote:

What I don't quite follow is whether all of those packages are in fact
updated for security reasons or whether this is just an artifact of
bodhi (or koji or something) ... I am sensing the latter ...

I'm not sure. :)

I think the issue was in a single package, but it may have needed the
others updated as well if the fix was moving to a newer upstream
version of that one package.

For what it's worth (with my KDE SIG maintainer hat on), it was a minor security issue in a single package (kdeplasma-addons), and we bundled the fix into a bigger kde-4.10.4 batch update, for what it's worth.

-- Rex