Re: huge pile of KDE "security" announcements

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:39:34 -0600
Jake Edge <jake@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What I don't quite follow is whether all of those packages are in fact
> updated for security reasons or whether this is just an artifact of
> bodhi (or koji or something) ... I am sensing the latter ...

I'm not sure. :)

I think the issue was in a single package, but it may have needed the
others updated as well if the fix was moving to a newer upstream
version of that one package.

> does 'kdepimlibs' or 'kdeedu' (to pick two at random) need to be
> updated for *security* reasons?  or just because it got tagged with
> one (?) package that was updated to the same upstream revision
> (kdeplasma-addons ... others?)

Not sure. Or it could be that the one security update needed newer
versions of the rest of the packages. I guess we should ask kde folks.

> > I don't know if this will be handled any better in bodhi 2.0, but we
> > could surely look and try and handle things better. What would you
> > like to see for an update like this? Different names for each
> > package? Or some what to tag only those package(s) that are security
> > updates?
>
> Well, I would think Fedora users would only want things that are
> actually security updates to marked as such ... or are all these
> packages dependent on the Plasma add-ons somehow?  That's what's
> confusing here imo ...

Yes, I think that version of plasma add-ons needs the newer rest of the
kde stack, but not sure.

Copying kde maintainer here for some more info...

kevin