[Fedora Robotics] Re: ROS packages

On 08/16/2017 10:29 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
* I don't think you want ROS libs in the ld cache, that seems like a
recipe for disaster. You also probably want to disable the autoprovides
generation and instead do something like:

Provides: ros(library.so)

or

Provides: ros-kinetic(library.so)

I've figured how to do that with a __ros_provides script (once I understood the RPM macro system, this was actually quite simple). But I'm not sure how to translate the Requires: accordingly. I have ROS libs that "Provides: ros(libfoo.so)", but I don't know how to create a "Requires: ros(libfoo.so)" in a package that uses libfoo.

So far I see two options:
1) Run /usr/lib/rpmdeps from my __ros_requires script and translate ROS libs accordingly. But this would mean I would have to check for each dependency whether it is part of a ROS package. 2) Don't use rpmdeps but instead run ldd manually and filter ldd's output. This makes the distinction between ROS libs and other libs easier, but I would have to recreate the behavior of rpmdeps, which sounds like a terrible idea.

So neither option seems really satisfactory. Any other ideas?

Kind regards,
Till