[Fedora Robotics] Re: ROS packages

On 08/16/2017 05:08 PM, Till Hofmann wrote:
> Do you have an idea how we could add those Provides automatically, or at
> least in a scripted way without looking at the resulting packages first?
> So far I can generate all SPEC files without looking into the generated
> RPMs, (with the exceptions that have custom configs and/or templates) it
> would be nice if we could keep it that way.

Hmm. It _might_ be possible to write a generic converter macro that
parsed the generated provides and replaced any Provides for unversioned
libraries with the special ros Provide.

Or, you could make something that is the ros equivalent of
/usr/lib/rpm/perl.prov. You can look through /usr/lib/rpm/ at all the
other .prov files for inspiration. (This seems like the better path forward)

~tom