[Fedora Robotics] Re: ROS packages

Hello Till:

On 16/08/17 22:19, Till Hofmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on packaging the whole ROS stack by automatically
> generating SPEC files with the help of the rosinstall_generator. I think
> the project is far enough to be shared on this list, but it is still
> work in progress.

I just want to mention that there was a previous effort to package ROS
in Fedora in the past, mostly done by Rich Mattes:
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Robotics/ROS_Packaging

A similar work has been done in Debian recently:
- https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Robotics/ROS/Motivation

You can check their approach which does not rely in ROS distribution
(ROS debian packages[1] has no ROS distribution in their names) and also
map one ROS package with one downstream distribution package.

Some patches in Debian and specially the work done in Fedora before
could be useful to you.

Good luck!

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Robotics/ROS/Packages

--