Re: [Fedora Robotics] Fawkes review, Robotics SIG Podcast

On 04.11.2010 17:04, Rich Mattes wrote:

> I could do anywhere in the range of 1:00 to 4:00 UTC, but not much past
> that.

Who would be available tomorrow 1:00 UTC (19:00 EST)? Who next week
Wendnesday Nov 17th 1:00 UTC?

> Fedora 15 deadlines are contained in [1]; as of today the Feature Submission
> deadline is January 25.  That gives us plenty of time to prepare a robotics
> spin.  The Feature Freeze deadline is February 8th; that's probably the more
> important deadline to be looking at.  I really like the idea of the robotics
> spin as a Feature, Features tend to land in the release notes, get special
> articles on fedoraproject.org, and get picked up by journalists.

Looks good, let's see what we can spec out during the meeting. I have
started a draft for a feature page, will put it up before the meeting,
it's not yet very far. We might also consider getting the arts team
involved. I would like two things: a) a Fedora Robotics logo, and b) an
application group "Robotics" in the app menu. The category "Robotics" is
already foreseen by the Gnome-Desktop, so this "only" needs changes to
the app menu structure and an icon.

	Tim

--
     Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de