Re: [Fedora Robotics] What is qualified as "Packages related to Robotics"?!

On 05.11.2010 08:30, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
>    Hi all,
> I was reading a page about some software useful in robotics, and I found
> that there are many software available in Fedora which are not listed in
> our SIG page. Well, they are not robotics specific but are useful in
> robotics. Examples include: OpenCV, CMU Sphinx and Festival. We should
> certainly consider such software for our Robotics Spin, but I wonder if
> we should also include such software in our WiKi page or not. Or in the
> other way, if proposals for packaging such software should land on our
> wiki (e.g. Julius speech recognition engine at [1]).
>
> What's your opinion?

I'd say have software inherently robotics on the robotics wiki page,
exceptions may be made for packages we bring into the distro because we
need them for robots. The packages on the spin will definitely be
broader and I'm all for including the packages you mentioned, because we
need them, but not because they are "robotics packages".

	Tim

--
     Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de