Re: [Fedora Robotics] Fawkes review, Robotics SIG Podcast

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayatv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/04/2010 6:57:29 PM +0350:

On 01.11.2010 16:05, Rich Mattes wrote:
Very cool to see you've finally got Fawkes packaged and submitted.  It looks
like you've already got a reviewer too!  I really like the modular framework
you've got set up, I'd love to do that with Player when I get spare time
Yes, review is even progressing. Currently incorporating his feedback!
The modularity comes at a cost, many small packages. But I think
especially for the kind of plugins we have, i.e. specific for some
specific hardware, it'S worth it.
Happy to hear that :)

[...]

I'm good for a meeting in the next few weeks.  After 5:30PM EDT is the best
time for me (also a PA resident,) but I'm flexible.  I've gone ahead and
update the SIG wiki page with current package review status, and some ideas
for a meeting agenda.  We can sort out some of our ideas in that agenda
leading up to the meeting.
Ok, who else is going t participate?
My best option would be November 10th at 19:00 EST (that's 1:00 UTC
then, mind DST change next weekend). If there are more people from other
time zones we might have to shift this to something (much) earlier.
I (hopefully!). About the time, it's fine but I'd prefer it being a bit later (e.g 4:00 UTC); but I think I can arrange to participate in 1:00 UTC too.

I agree with the agenda items. When are F-15 feature proposals due?
I cannot check the schedule right now but I think it would be soon, specially for F-15 it should happen sooner than previous releases.

Thanks,
Hedayat

	Tim

Hi,

I could do anywhere in the range of 1:00 to 4:00 UTC, but not much past that.

Fedora 15 deadlines are contained in [1]; as of today the Feature Submission deadline is January 25.  That gives us plenty of time to prepare a robotics spin.  The Feature Freeze deadline is February 8th; that's probably the more important deadline to be looking at.  I really like the idea of the robotics spin as a Feature, Features tend to land in the release notes, get special articles on fedoraproject.org, and get picked up by journalists.

Rich

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/15