Re: Plan for Today's (20070625) Release Engineering meeting

Jochen Schmitt wrote:
Jesse Keating schrieb:
I think the gameplan is that the maintainer would have to manually request the autotimeout at update submission time. It wouldn't be pre-set. But again, that's a detail to work out.
Autotimeout means, that the maintainer main configure a time period after this the package
may be submitted into updates if not blocks exist.

At first, I think that is not a good Idea to make such a push automatically. The second issue may, that a maintainer make configure a very shout timeout period, so the testers or QA
may have no chance to do there work and blocks broken updates.

That's also the case when the maintainer decides to skip updates-testing completely which is possible in the current setup.

Rahul