Re: Plan for Today's (20070625) Release Engineering meeting

Jesse Keating schrieb:
Right now just the idea is approved. Along with that idea would come reasonable mechanics to make it work, such as any user being able to block autopromotion if they find a problem with the package. It's up to releng and QA to come up with reasonable mechanics and boundaries to autopromotion.

If you implement any mechanism to block an update, that is ok from my side. but I think is not good, if an update will promote to a higher stage without the explicit permission
of the maintainer which is responsible for it.
We've already discussed this. We want buildroots to autoupdate in principle, however we require some sanity checking in bodhi to not allow updates to go out that were built with packages that aren't tagged to go out or out already.

I will agree with you, if package A will depends on B, A can be only on a stage lower or equal then package b. If you break this rule the user will running into the broken
dependencies issue that is very annoying for users.

Best Regards:

Jochen Schmitt