Re: Role of SIG's

Christopher Stone wrote:
On 3/20/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I had previously left the SIG pages during the move to
/PackageMaintainers in the wiki since I wasn't sure the SIG's were
limited to coordination of packaging anymore. What would be a
appropriate place?

Do folks prefer the /PackageMaintainers/SIGs or just /SIG/?

You should not have to be a packager to join a special interest group.
The path of least resistance is that people first join a SIG and then
become a packager, not the other way around.

Getting people to sign up for special interest groups is a good way to
recruit new packagers.

Ok. I am moving all of the Extras SIG's to /SIGs hierarchy.

I would actually consider PackageMaintainers as a SIG in itself.  It
makes more sense to me to have /SIG/PackageMaintainers rather than
/PackageMaintainers/SIGs

I spend a lot of time renaming and reorganizing the pages and content from /Extras to /PackageMaintainers recently so I would just keep them separate since Extras was a project I would consider Packaging Maintainers as part of the packaging project in the merged world.

Rahul